Welcome to traveline South West
Welcome to www.travelinesw.com for comprehensive and impartial public transport information across Great Britain for all modes of public transport. We hope you like our site, which includes real-time information for journeys in the next hour or so, details of day and weekly tickets, a growing number of point to point single and return fares and is designed to be fully responsive for mobile and tablet users.
Our website contains:
- Plan your Trip – our journey planner for trips across Great Britain as a whole (with results based on real time information for south west England where available)
- Get Departure Times – for next departures from bus stops (using real time information where available)
- My Regular Trip – a personal journey plan for your regular trips
- Stop Timetables – for a list of all departures from your favourite stops
- Route Timetables – for viewing, downloading and printing individual timetables
- Route Maps – for viewing, downloading and printing individual route maps.
- Contact details for operators and authorities from our home page.
- Or you can download our free iOS and Android mobile apps from the home page.
traveline south west is provided by a consortium of all local authorities and the major transport operators in the area. It's more cost-effective to work this way. We also collaborate with other traveline regions, Transport for West Midlands and Transport for London. You can contact traveline south west at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and feedback on our site. Please note that this should NOT be used to request journey plans or timetables. These are available from the www.travelinesw.com website as above.
National PTI the company
In 1999 Government established a multi-modal National Public Transport Information Service, branded ‘traveline’. National Public Transport Information Ltd (originally South West PTI), was the not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, set up by local authorities and major public transport operators in the south west of England to implement and operate traveline across the wider south west (including Hampshire & the Solent area and now Oxfordshire).
We update our data at least weekly and pride ourselves in providing comprehensive, unbiased and accurate public transport journey information. This gives passengers the full picture when planning their journeys encouraging use of public transport.
We continue to provide data to power the traveline enquiry service via website, mobile apps and call centre. Our data is also used by over 500 third party apps and websites, from small independent developers to BusChecker and Google. We produce a GB-wide mapping base for our partners, based on the Open Street Mapping system. Our database is used by local authorities and operators to power real-time information systems, provide publicity material such as bus stop timetable information and provide exports to mapping, GIS and accessibility planning systems. We also host IT systems and hold contracts used by our partners.